Bahasa Inggris - Bu Dhewii
SOAL US Bahasa Inggris 2021
Guru Mapel : Dhewii Auliya Syiva, M.Pd
Kelas : XII
1. Nino : Mr. Handoyo, … my father.
Mr. Handoko : How do you do, Mr. Sonjaya?
Mr. Sonjaya : How do you do, Mr. Handoko.
- I like to visit
- I’m glad to help
- I’d like to introduce
- I want to invite
- It’s time to go
2. Putri : Let me … my friend to you. This is Ayu.
Bayu : Hi, Ayu. Nice to see you.
- Good bye
- Good night
Questions 3-5 refer to the following information.
At the age of 40, Tom Bloch was the head of H&R Block, a huge company
that helps people prepare their tax forms. He was very successful. Although
Bloch earned a lot of money, he wasn't very happy, He spent too much time
at work and didn't have enough time to spend with his family. Suddenly, he
left H&R Block and became a teacher in a poor neighbourhood. "I want to
help people who don't have the opportunities like I had," Bloch explained.
Leaming to control the students was hard at first. But the rewards-helping
the children and hearing students say he's their favourite teacher-are great.
Besides, Bloch is able to spend more time with his family now.
3. What is the text about?
- H&R Block.
- Tom Bloch.
- Tax company.
- A tax-teacher.
4. Tom's reason to be a teacher in a poor neighbourhood is .
- to help people with no opportunities.
- to help people prepare their tax forms.
- to be the favourite teacher.
- to earn a lot of money.
5. " their tax forms." (Paragraph 1)
What does the underlined word refer to?
- H&R blocks.
6. Flight attendant : What would you like to drink, sir?
Passenger : ..., without cream, please.
- I dislike cream
- I prefer coffee
- I never have it
- I don’t drink milk
7. Andrian : There is a problem with this camera. It Doesn’t work. ...?
Hadi : I’m not sure I can fix it. Let’s find a repair shop.
- Do you know how to use it.
- Would you mind checking it out.
- Can you take some pictures for me
- Will you show me the instruction
FUTURE SPACE WAR
Donald Trump signed a new order last week, and it is a step to create the
United States Space Force. Trump said that he sees space as a war-fighting territory of the future. He believes that congress will support his order because it is important.
He said that other countries are taking the same steps, but the American
space technology is much better. Trump said that this means that the USA will be safe for a long time.
8. What is the news above talked about?
- Congress belief on Trump’s decision.
- United States space technology compared to other countries.
- Trump action after seeing space as a war-territory in the future.
- Trump as a innovator of space technology.
9. Why Trump beliefs that congress will support his order?
- Because he said so.
- Because the reason behind it is important.
- Because USA isn’t safe.
- Because there will be a war in space soon.
Questions for number 10-12
78 Jalan Balai Raya
April 2, 2007
Ms. Dina Siregar.
Directory of Administration
27 Jalan Edelweis.
Your advertisement in March 30 issue of the ‘Republika’ was attractive
because I believe I have the proven skills you are requiring for an administrative assistant.
I am Linda and I‟m 22 years old. I recently completed a three course Apple Computer System. These specialization skills have proven valuable in my work for the past eight months as an assistant to the chief accountant at Galaxy Building.
Since proven skills are best explained in person I would appreciate an
interview with you. Please phone me in the afternoon between and 5 p.m. at (021) 4733756 to let me know the day and time most convenient for you.
10. What position is needed?
- Chief accountant.
- Administrative assistant.
11. What does the applicant hope after sending the letter?
- She will be a manager.
- She will start training.
- She will receive the salary.
- She will be interviewed.
12. “… proven skills” (line 5). The word ‘proven’ has a closest meaning to
Text for questions number 13 - 15
Kediri is a name of a town. It is situated in a valley between the Kelud and Willis mountains and inhabited by about 1.3 million people. In the centre of the town there is a large hill which is called the Dathok Mountain. Because of the topography of the region, Kediri is called a chilly town by the locals.
There is a big river called Brantas cutting off the centre of the town.
Beside the temples, Kediri is also famous for its products like cigarettes and a special kind of tofu or bean curd. This highly nutritious food is delicacy of Kediri and has a distinctive taste. The cigarettes factory dominates the town economy and employs the majority of the women labour force. Kediri and the cigarettes factory are inseparable, and it is considered the biggest cigarette factory in Indonesia. Most of the local people work in this factory. Those who do not work here are farmers or traders.
13. What does the above text tell about?
- The history of Kediri
- The famous products of Kediri
- The description of Kediri
- The people
14. Which one has a distinctive taste?
- The cigarette
- The special food
- The bean curd
- The highly nutritious food
15. "Those who do not work here ..." (last sentence). The underlined word refers to ....
- The local people
- The factory workers
- The farmers
- The traders
Text for questions number 16 - 17
To: all employees
There will be a blackout each Saturday during this month.
Consequently, we will use the generator as the electric source. So, please do not use air conditioners on Saturdays.
Please don’t forget to turn off the lights, computers, printers during the break as usual.
16. Where can you read the announcement?
- At school
- In a bank
- In a company
- In a library
17. According to the text, what should the employees turn off each Saturday?
- Air conditioners
18. Erick : You come late this morning. What happened to you?
Ferdy : I’m sorry. … because I left my mobile phone.
- I had to go back home
- I had to call my brother
- I need to meet someone first
- I wanted to do some meeting
19. Sherly : Have you finished with the magazine yet?
Shaun : ………., but it will not take too long
- Yes, is it quite expensive
- Yes, I love the cover
- No, I’m still reading it
- I need to read the article
20. Winny : When did you come back from the job training program in Bangkok?
Fanny : I just arrived yesterday
Winny : …..
Fanny : Oh, yes. I enjoyed everything there, especially the training
- Will you enjoy the training?
- Did you have a great time?
- Are you going to attend a training?
- Do you plan to go back?
21. Indra : Did you watch television last night?
Putra : No. …
- I had a meeting.
- We liked watching news.
- I am out with my friend.
- The film was interesting.
Text for questions number 22 - 25
Last weekend, I visited my pen pal's house. His Name is Anto. There were
many activities I did there. In the morning, Anto and I had breakfast. We
had traditional food. I liked it very much.
After breakfast, he took me to the garden behind his house. The garden was
very big and beautiful. There is a big bird cage in the garden. There were
many kinds of birds in that cage. I spent a long time feeding the birds. I also
took pictures with those beautiful birds.
After visiting the bird cage, Anto and I went to the flower garden not far from
his house. We took a rest and had lunch under a big tree and watch
butterflies flying above colourful flowers. In the afternoon, we swam in the
pool in the backyard. It was so fun. I really enjoyed my time with Anto.
22. The text above tells us about ....
- A holiday at a friend's place
- A picture of bird
- A big bird cage
- A big garden
23. What is the last paragraph about?
- Anto had butterflies as his pet
- The writer's friend is a good swimmer
- There are a lot of flowers in Anto'shouse
- The writer had a good time with his friend
24. Where did the writer spend his afternoon?
- Under a tree
- Inside big bird cage
- In the flower garden
- In the swimming pool
25. From the text, we know that the writer ....
- Had gone and visited many places during his holiday
- Lived in the same village with his pen pal, Anto
- Liked butterflies and swimming very much
- Spent his holiday at friend's house
Text for questions number 26 – 28
Long, long ago, when the gods and goddesses used to mingle in the affairs of
mortals, there was a small kingdom on the slope of Mount Wayang in West
Java. The King, named Sang Prabu, was a wise man. He had an only
daughter, called Princess Teja Nirmala, who was famous for her beauty but
she was not married. One day Sang Prabu made up his mind to settle the
matter by a show of strength.
After that, Prince of Blambangan, named Raden Begawan had won the
competition. Unfortunately, the wicked fairy, Princess Segara fell in love
with Raden Begawan and used magic power to render him unconscious and
he forgot his wedding. When Sang Prabu was searching, Raden Begawan
saw him and soon realized that he had been enchanted by the wicked fairy.
The fairy could not accept this, so she killed Raden Begawan. When
Princess Teja Nirmala heard this, she was very sad. So a nice fairy took her
to the Kahyangan.
26. Which one of the following statements is false about Sang Prabu?
- Sang Prabu was a father of his only daughter
- Sang Prabu was a king of a kingdom in West Java
- Sang Prabu was taken to Kahyangan by a wicked fairy
- Sang Prabu was a wise man
27. Why the wicked fairy did used her magic to make Raden Begawan unconscious?
- She didn’t want Raden Prabu marry the princess
- She wanted Teja Nirmala to forget about her wedding
- She didn’t want the prince of Blambangan marry the princess
- She didn’t want the prince of Blambangan feel love with her
28. So a nice fairy took her to the Kahyangan. (Paragraph 2) The word her in the sentence refers to…
- The wicked Fairy
- The nice fairy
- Princess Nirmala
- Prince Teja
Text for questions number 29-31
To : All Employees
From : Paul Walker
Subject : Ordering Supplies
Date : April 4th, 20017
All requests for supplies must be typed and signed. Only typed requests will
be accepted. All requests must be on my desk by fifteenth every month.
Approved requested will be sent on the Accounting Department. Please plan
ahead. It takes two to six weeks to order supplies.
29. The memo is addressed to….
- New employees
- Paul Walker
- Head of personnel
- All employees
30. What should they do with the request?
- Write down on a paper
- Typed and signed
- Write and sign
31. What does the memo concern?
- Overdue accounts
- Office furniture
- Supply request
32. Rifan : I feel tired and I feel dizzy
Galuh : I think ….. Don’t leave the bed if it is not necessary
- I will take you to the hospital
- I must take some rest, too
- You must sing
- You should lie down and have some rest
33. Radit : what about pizza for lunch?
Koko : ………..
Radit : well, okay then, how about burger?
Koko : I think that’s a good idea
- In my opinion pizza is very delicious
- I think it is very good
- It seems to me that’s a good idea
- d. It seems to me it is not really good for lunch
34. Yanti : What is your hobby, Nina?
Nina : actually, ………..
Yanti : How often do you play them in a week?
Nina : At least three times
- I like to play badminton and tennis
- one of them is swimming
- I prefer golf to tennis
- I love jogging
35. Harry : What do you like to do during your spare time?
Ronald : …. It really helps me to keep healthy.
Harry : Me, too. I always go to Rainbow Gymnasium.
- I love cooking very much
- I like to see the rainbow
- I am fond of exercising
- I’m crazy about thinking
Text for number 36 - 38
First, the empty yoghurt cups are brought to the filling line by an automatic conveyor. Then, the cups are filled automatically. Next, the cups are sealed. After that, the sealed cups are packed in boxes by hand. The boxes are then placed on pallets. Next, the pallets are wrapped and taken to dispatch.
36. The main idea of the text is…
- The machines of food production
- The instrument of automatic machines
- The process of food filling
- The material of yoghurt
37. Where are the cups packed after sealing?
- In the filling line
- At the conveyor
- In the boxes
- On the pallets
38. How is the process of the production done?
- It is mostly done by machines.
- It is automatically processed by employees
- It is complicated in packing the sealed cups
- There is an inefficient process of the production
Text for number 39 - 41
The Steps to make Apple Juice
First, choose sweet apple. Then, core the apples and chop them. After that, prepare the jar. Next, cook the apples. Turn the stove on high. Once the water is boiling well, turn down and continue to cook until the apples are soft. Then, strain the apples. You can run it through a sieve or colander. After that, heat the juice on low until you have collected enough juice to fill the jars. And Finally, can the juice into the canning jars.
39. What is being informed?
- How to sell apple juice
- How to choose sweet apples
- How to make apple juice
- How to cook apple
40. What is the first step to make apple juice?
- Choose the sweet apples
- Core the apples
- Chop the apples
- Cook the apples
41. What type of information is this?
- A message
- A procedure
- A report
- A warning
Text for question number 42-45
HOW TO SERVE INSTANT NOODLES
1). Boil the noodles into400 cc (2 glasses) of briskly water and simmer for 3 minutes.
2). Pour the seasoning and chili powder on a bowl while noodles is being cooked.
3). Pour the cooked noodles together with the soup into the bowl.
4). Mix well with all the seasoning.
5). Spread fried onion and noodles is ready to be serve
42. The text above tells us about……
- Giving direction
- Cooking instruction
- How to cook instant noodles
43. We need to prepare the following items to serve instant noodles, except….
- A bowl
- Boiling water
44. “Mix well with all the seasoning” the underline word has the same meaning with….
- Instant noodle
45. Which one of the following does not belong to the flavoring?
- Pepper powder
- Onion powder
- Wheat powder
46. Gemilang : “The Metropolitan Post is very good.”
Bintang : “Yes, …! I like it very much.”
- What good newspaper
- What is the name of newspaper
- What a good newspaper
- How good newspaper
47. Rangga got a praise or compliment from his headmaster for his composition.
Headmaster : “Is this your composition, Rangga?”
Rangga : „Right, sir.”
Headmaster : “It’s a good composition.”
Rangga : “…”
- You’re welcome
- Forget it
- Never mind
- Thank you
48. Beny : How was his short speech?
Yany : …
- It was very meaningful.
- The speaker is very sad.
- He has read many texts.
- It was very lucky.
49. Ahmad : Where were you last month, Anita?
Anita : I went to Pangandaran beach.
Ahmad :Pangandaran beach? What was it like there?
Anita : Fantastic! The weather was beautiful. The sea was warm.
After knowing from Anita, Ahmad ....
- Wants to go there
- Has no interest to go there
- Will invite Anita to go there
- Won’t let Anita to go there anymore
50. Dina : Did you see the accident last night?
Dian : Yes. It was terrible. ... .
Dina : How did it happen?
- Twelve people killed
- Twelve people had killed
- Twelve people was killed
- Twelve people were killed
SOAL US BAHASA INGGRIS BISA DIDOWNLOAD PADA LINK DIBAWAH INI: